1 Glass of Turmeric Is As Good As Running For 1 Hour!!!!!
Turmeric is an extraordinary spice with a myriad of medicinal properties, which have been used for millennia. It has been found to fight some cancer types, boost memory, and fight bacteria and inflammation.
- Yet, a recent study has discovered that it can actually be even more effective than physical exercise in improving heart health!
- Namely, a study published in the American Journal of Cardiology, the turmeric extract can effectively reduce the risk of heart attack by up to 56%.
- Additionally, another study has revealed that the consumption of turmeric or the use of the supplements gives similar effects as aerobic exercise in terms of improving cardiovascular health.
- Researchers have found that a pinch of turmeric is as effective as an hour of jogging or brisk walking on the cardiovascular system.
- The main culprit for the powerful medicinal qualities of turmeric is its active ingredient, curcumin. This compound gives the yellow color to the spice, and boosts vascular function, especially in women in menopause, when they develop heart issues.
Here Is How To Use These Beneficial Properties Of Turmeric
- Studies have shown that the function of the heart can be improved by taking 150 mg of turmeric extract for 8 weeks.
- Take a teaspoon of the spice daily, or you can also use turmeric extract capsules
- Add a pinch to your meals, teas, smoothies, or drink turmeric juice
Note that the turmeric powder sold in stores is low in curcumin, as it contains only 2%of it. Remember that despite its amazing results on the cardiovascular system, you should not replace regular exercise and physical activity with the use of supplements and the intake of turmeric.