Weight loss generally occurs when the body expends more calories than it takes in. That means, you have to burn off or eat fewer calories that you consume through meals and snacks. Many people cut calories from their diet and burn calories through exercise to achieve weight loss. Working out on a regular basis is helpful for weight loss, but may not be practical for some people due to health conditions, time restraints, or lack of interest. However, research shows that when it comes to weight loss, diet plays a much more important role compared to exercise. It’s easier to decrease caloric intake by modifying your diet compared to burning off a significant amount of calories through exercise. Making a few changes to your diet and lifestyle can help you lose weight safely and effectively without planned exercise.
We all know people who have amazing metabolism, which allows them to eat whatever they want and maintain a perfect figure. They always seem to have lots of energy and don`t even have to work that hard to look great. This is a matter of genetics, and it`s something we can`t change. Still, these 13 tips will help you boost the metabolism, so that you can burn more calories and lose the unwanted weight.
1. Eat as soon as you get out of bed: During the night, the metabolism slows down because you are not active and you don`t eat. So the first thing you should do in the morning is to have a proper breakfast which will inform the metabolism that you are up, so it should get active as well.
2. Eat more frequently: Stop skipping meals. Instead, increase how often you eat. You should have at least 3 main meals and 2 snacks a day. This will help the metabolism stay active all day long. Long periods without food have the opposite effect, the slow down the metabolism.
3. Eat clean food: The main food in your diet should be fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains and protein. Avoid processes food because it`s hard for digestion and makes the metabolism inert.
4.Proteins for snack: Avoid snacks heavy in carbs. Instead, eat proteins, they are superfood for the metabolism because they make you feel full longer.
5. Cold showers: Shock your metabolism with a cold shower after getting out of bed.
6. Proper sleep: Not enough sleep affects the metabolism, so you must have at least 7 hours of quality sleep every night in order to prepare the metabolism for the upcoming day.
7. Vitamin D: High levels of vitamin D, which you mostly get from the sun, are connected to healthy metabolism levels.
8. More calcium: Increasing the daily intake of calcium can support the metabolism and it helps process the vitamin D you get from the sun.
9. Periodic exercise: Being active every day keeps the metabolism at maximum efficiency. You don`t have to go to the gym 5 times a week, try taking the stairs instead of using the elevator, or take a quick walk around the office.
10. Short and frequent workouts: You don`t have to spend hours in the gym, because short HIIT exercises are great for the metabolism and they help you burn fat easily. In order to active the metabolism, try working out the first thing in the morning.
11. Proper hydration: Water is important for our health and wellbeing. If you want to support the metabolism, you must stay hydrated all day long.
12. Epson salt bath: Every night, before going to bed, take a bath with a cup of Epsom salt dissolved in it. This will remove all the toxins from your body and boost the metabolism.
13. Eat like a European: Europeans have large breakfast, medium-sized lunch and a very small dinner. This way the body is digesting the biggest meal when the metabolism is the most active- in the morning, and the smallest and lightest meal when it`s the least active- in the evening.